Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bethany came home from school last week telling me about a Veterinarian Assembly they had at school. They sang "You're a Grand Old Flag" and other patriotic songs. Veteran's Day Assembly maybe? Some kind of vet anyway! We love & appreciate all the vets in our family (Ed & Daron). Gwen & Bethany were both moved by the music and wanted to write their own tributes to America. Here are the lyrics, they tunes change a little bit every time they're sung. (I corrected their spelling.)

America, Home of the Free, by Bethany
America, America
is our home and our star
America-a-a
Oh, Our precious AMERICAAAAA!
Precious is our star (whisper) America.
Gwen's song :
Home is our precious
AMERICA!
America, America, America, America is
oooooooooooooour
heart!
I think America is one of those words that loses it's meaning if you say it over & over too many times or type it too many times, because now it doesn't look spelled right.
In other news, Catherine has proved beyond any shadow of doubt that she is a true blue Lowe girl by trimming her own bangs. Stop laughing. Especially all of you from Hemet. I trimmed them up cute just the day before yesterday & she thought they needed to be just a hair shorter. So she looks unkempt & homeless now. It's a stage all my girls go through.

4 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Love their songs..too cute. And where is the picture of Catherine with her new hairdo? Just kidding...sortof

Andrea said...

Yeah, I want to see the bangs! Luckily (?) my kids usually just lop off chunks of hair in odd places on the sides or backs of their heads, so their bangs remain untouched. I love Veterinarian Day - maybe they could sing their songs to the tune of "There Was A Farmer Had a Dog, and Bingo was his name-o." That way all the vets are happy.

Jamie said...

I love the made up songs. my kids do that all the time. Mason is trying to create his own language right now. It's really annoying. HE says some gibberish and then looks at me like I'm crazy because I don't understand and then translates in an exasperated tone.

I am really hoping to see a photo of Catherine's new do. Those Lowe girls are som'in else!

Adam and Melisa said...

Must be a girl thing...at least she fits in with the rest of the family now!