Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Town

Can you find our house? 5 points (Click on it to make it bigger.) How about Mom & Dad's? 5 points The town hall? 5 points Toquerville Mercantile? 15 points The park? 10 points The Wal-Mart? 0 points Woody's pond? 20 points The highway? 2 points The stake president's house? 1 point (It's easy. It's peach.)
Yesterday, before making the girls work their tails off all day, we went on a little hike. It's always fun to get up and away and enjoy the view. I took a bunch of pictures, hoping to get a few I could print and frame. The girls have grown a little since last year.
We didn't get anything frame-worthy, but we did have a good time.
The girls hiked higher than they ever have before. They think they're ready to climb over the mountain and down the other side. What do you think Ross?
<-- Here you can see Buffalo Rock. The girls named it Buffalo Rock because it looks like a buffalo. The buffalo is not a smart animal. (If you don't get that, refer to an inside family joke that's about 5 years old.) I think it looks like an alien. Matthew thinks it looks like this. What do you see in the rocks?

I (heart) nature.

14 comments:

Jamie said...

I think it looks like the Alien manning the motherboard inside the ship in Independence day.
fun pictures. I found your house, mom/dad's house, the highway and the stake pres. house.

Ross said...

sounds like they are ready too climb anything they want to! I sure am jealous that you are able to go hiking in February, there is currently ice coating everything in cache valley!!

I just wanted to tell Matthew that i still have my t shirt with a buffalo on it, it says "The buffalo is not a smart animal"! best. shirt. ever.

Matthew said...

Ross, If you look closely, you'll see that I am WEARING my "Buffalo. Not a smart animal" T-shirt in that last photo.

Matthew said...

****Warning******
Do not read this if you are easily grossed-out. Booma, I'm talking to you.
**********

Also, one little side-note about our hike. Cate came home with a tick! Gross huh? We're going to start watching for the symptoms: irritability(check), problems with concentration (check), problems with short term memory (check), sleep disturbances (check), fatigue (no symptom present). Whew!

Anonymous said...

I am like Ross and jealous that you can go hiking. It snowed a lot here yesterday so it will be awhile before we can go hiking up here in Cache Valley. I really miss being in nature (I don't do snow). I am very glad to see that your girls are out and enjoying it-looks like you guys have tons of fun getting out of the house (good job).
And I agree with Matthew that the rock looks like a face.

Emily said...

Oops, Toquerville Merc isn't actually in that picture.

Mr Lowe said...

48 points to David...I spotted most without the picture big. Oh well. I suppose I don't actually get anything with my points. I love the picture though.

I like Buffalo rock, has a better ring to it that Molly's Nipple.

Unknown said...

I agree with Matthew-Eastern Island-found everything but the Stake Center! Austen is also much bigger. Sad but true story...once I left work to go get my hair cut, as I was driving to the stylist, I scratched the back of my head-TICK!!! Yuck, I quickly removed it and was so glad I found it and NOT the stylist.

Christy said...

sorry, I posted the last comment and had been looking at pics on our family site, so gross tick story....Christy

word verification: crudly: how you feel when you remove a tick from your body

Jennifer said...

I got all turned around looking at that picture. It gave me a headache, looking for all that stuff. I guess you can tell, I found nothing.

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Christy -- Ewwww! But like you said, glad you found it! Can you imagine if your stylist had? Now, that would be a good tick story.

David, sorry I don't have prizes for you to get with your points. Just that warm fuzzy feeling that you got more than anyone else!

(Oh, & that wasn't an offensive comment that I had to delete, I just forgot to proofread.)

Maursupial said...

I love the pictures and the memories of last year. It's hard to believe that little puffball in the picture is my handsome Austen. I love that hike up behind your house, and the view is one of my favorites. I need to come to visit!

Word verification: wiessup as is you'd better wiessup and get out of Vegas, baby!

Ma n Pa said...

I love the pictures, and I love the Lowes!

I hate ticks. I had one once, in my back. A story for another time, best forgotten, but I can't.

Word verification: batiskyw; Who cares what it may mean - I just want to use it in Scrabble!