Today we've had rain, snow, sun, and now hail. It is cold and wet and grey outside. Why do we need the rain anyway?

It is the perfect day to spend in pajamas on the couch reading. Which is exactly what I did today, in between 4 loads of laundry and making lunch. Now it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I still need to do dishes, put away the rest of the laundry, and get dressed. I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I did work until 12:30 AM last night, so don't judge me too harshly. I read Coraline. It was a quick read; creepy, quirky, and clever. I think I'm going to read it to my girls before they see the movie. It looks like it might be good, but the book leaves so much to interpretation and the imagination and the movie just won't.
Postscript:
I just had to pick up Bethany from school and like I just pointed out, I wasn't exactly ready to be seen in public. I did change from pajama pants to jeans, but I was still wearing my husband's grey sweatshirt, Crocs (which are really only acceptable to wear in the garden or at a hospital right?), and my hair that needed to be washed was pulled back in a messy ponytail. I should have know better, but I wasn't going to get out of the car. Well, when I got to Bethany's school, she wasn't waiting for me. I waited about ten minutes; she still didn't show up. So, I ran inside & checked her classroom, hoping to run into her before I ran into her totally put-together teacher. No such luck. I met her teacher, the principle, the librarian and the secretaries, before I found Bethany waiting for me in the office. (She had been watching for me at the other parking lot.) Everyone thinks so highly of Matthew at work, that I felt bed for tarnishing his reputation by showing up at his place of employment looking like a refugee. They must wonder how I managed to snag such a handsome, responsible man, when I'm such a mess. Hopefully, I didn't stay long enough for them to wonder anything though. I just grabbed Bethany's hand & we ran back to van.
Pictures of the weather in TQ:
5 comments:
Emily - at your WORST you are much better than some of us at our BEST! By the way, I'm speaking for myself, not for Dad... he always looks great.
The other day I was walking down the hall at school, and one of my fellow faculty members said, "Hey, you look how I feel." How should you respond?
"Wow, you must feel GREAT!" That's what Dad said I should have said. (Another reason why he is the love of my life - he says these kinds of things with a straight face.)
Of course, I can't think that fast... especially when I was looking how he felt, so I just gave him a pathetic smile & kept on walking.
I'll bet everyone was thinking, "Wow, she's a cutie! She & that handsome, responsible man are a perfect pair!"
Love to you all!
That last little quote, "Wow, she's a cutie!" That is referring to you, Emily, not me.
Just clarifying the obvious.
I try so, so hard not to perpetuate the stereotype of pajama-wearing stay-at-home moms, and for the most part succeed. Why is it that no one ever pops in for a visit or happens to be at Walmart in the same checkout line as me unless it's the 1 out of 50 times that I didn't comb my hair, put on makeup, or look human? It is Murphy's law I guess. And it's humiliating.
You absolutely should have known better!!!!! does my life teach you nothing about trips to the school?????????? Andrea's right... If you'd had a shower and were looking your best she would have been watching for the right parking lot. You wouldn't have had to get out of the car. I just remembered you DID put on jeans so maybe you were able to glean something from my sad tale. good job not getting caught in your polka dot pj pants.
I dont' know how I missed this post!!! I read the one before and the ones after but somehow I missed this one til today.
ooops. that was Jamie, not Rachel.
word verification: cookii as in I just walked 3 miles with Leslie Sansone and I'm swearing off cookiiiiiiiis, I think! :)
Post a Comment