Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Cate's new do
So, I just cut Catherine's hair. I should've taken a picture of it this morning before I cut it - it was crazy! It was getting long and scraggly & tangly. It's always in her face or just sticking straight up. So, instead of waiting to get an appointment with a professional, I figured she doesn't have that much hair, how hard can it be to cut a straight line? Well, a little harder than I thought, but after I curled it a little, it looks pretty cute. The bangs are too short - I always cut bangs too short. It'll just give me a little extra time between trims right? It's definitely an improvement from how it looked this morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
She looks ADORABLE!! Now that you've cut her crazy hair it looks so much thicker!
She looks absolutely adorable! You did a great job!
Until the haircut, Cate was beginning to look like Pigpen. Now she has a cute 'do....and if she tips her head the other way, the bangs are straight across.
Seriously, folks-- I almost cut Cate's bangs the other day myself, but didn't because her hair grows so s-l-o-w-l-y and she had hacked her own hair about 6 months ago... which meant that all of the bangs underneath were actually the length that Emily cut them to today... she just evened them out.
Every Lowe kid can only look at this picture of Cate's bangs and say, "I had bangs ten times more crooked that that, when I was that age!" because we all did.
You are brave! I have never attempted to cut anyone's hair (except yours - what were we thinking? and Ty's - twice and never again). Yikes. Some people can figure it out, but I am not one of them. I am always amazed at how much better (and thicker) my children's hair looks after a little trim. It makes a world of difference! It sounds awful, but I actually think I might like them just a hair (ha!) more when they are neat and tidy. Does that make me a bad mom?
Andrea, I totally like my kids better when they are cute & clean!
I just realized that in my earlier comment I insulted Cate, my wife, and my mother. Sorry ladies.
wise move on the apology matthew.
Straight bangs takes much practice. My girls can attest to that. You guys have had more than your fair share of kids cutting their own hair. I only had that one incident but it was a double whammy.
she looks cute and much better than jacob's first haircut by me whereupon I scalped him! getting the hang of those trimmers take some time. oops. He was only 2 so he didn't care but Mark was horrified.
yeah....
I learned what those attachments are for...
Emily... I remember a few self-inflicted haircuts when you were little...
Her bangs look great. A lot better than I think I could ever do. I would never be brave enough to try. The only cutting I have done is trimming the hair in the back on boys into a straight line and just that freaks me out.
Emily cuts my hair every time. She does a lot better job than even the barber/mayor of Hurricane/bus driver.
But Matthew - how does he feel about the UN? Isn't that the real issue here?
So cute, I feel like I got in late on this coversation! (that's what happens when I take an afternoon off-you post) Great job, I've trimmed my own MUCH worse than this-last month!
Post a Comment