Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Week: Day Two

Matt. 21:12–14; Mark 11:15–17; Luke 19:45–46; John 2:13–17

A few years ago, when we still lived in Hemet, we were having the girls act-out some of the important scenes from the Holy Week. Bethany (4) and Gwen (3) loved this one... a little too much. They liked being able to throw the money around and get a little mad... and they were a little let-down the other days of the week when they didn't have permission to throw stuff to the ground. 

Usually when I think of this scene I'm impressed by the strength and righteousness of the Lord. I wonder if I would have the type of strength that he showed-- to put right what is wrong. Lately I've started thinking about the money changers, and identifying with them, because-- really-- on the spectrum of bad to good I'm  much closer to them, with their faults, than I am to the Savior and his perfection. I wonder if any of them were able to repent because of the actions that the Lord took on this day. 

I'm grateful for a Savior who does-- by his shining example-- force me to look at my actions, beliefs, and thoughts. I'm grateful to learn of his perfect life and I want to be a better man because of Him.

No comments: