Tuesday, May 5, 2009

There and Back Again

Saturday we hiked Angels Landing again, this time with some Laurels and Priests in our ward. We all made it to the top and back down safely, so the hike was a huge success. There were so many wildflowers in bloom it was all I could do to quit taking pictures and keep track of the teenagers. Indian Paintbrush (Castilleja) just might be my favorite flower. This week anyway.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Isnt' that the plant that's all over wyoming's mountains?

Jamie said...

p.s. beautiful pictures.

Emily said...

Yes it is. It's Wyoming's state flower.

Christy said...

Grandma Cox taught me about Indain Paint Brush-whenever I see them, I'm reminded of them. She taught me to never pick them as they were the state flower.

Matthew said...

Did you know that Indian Paintbrush is a parasitic plant? It lives on the root system of grasses and other plants.

Cool, eh?

Matthew said...

What I mean to say is, isn't it cool that up there, living on the cracks of the rocks, there are grasses that can take root and grow-- so they can be hosts to the beautiful (and parasitic) indian paintbrush?

Maryann said...

Indian paintbrush reminds me of Ferron and family reunions. Thank you for the beautiful pitures, Em.