Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to School

Bethany is in 3rd grade and Gwen is in 1st this year, so they're both gone all day. While this is somewhat hard for me to deal with, I'm coping by going shopping and getting pedicures while toting around just one child. I only have 2 or 3 more months of this kind of freedom, so I might as well live it up right? Catherine has been a joy to hang out with all day and Gwen & Bethany are loving school.

My big girls:
Plus their left-out little sister:


The mob at the bus stop:


At school (& no, I didn't follow them to the school, I happen to know the counselor & he took pictures for me):


Eating every bite of their healthy school lunch, er, at least drinking all their chocolate milk:


Hope everyone else starting school soon has a great first day too!

5 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Cute pictures! They are getting so big!

Christy said...

I can just see this 1st day of school picture tradition continuing through High School. Matthew taking pictures of them stealthily as they try to avoid their annoying Father/Principal!

Ma n Pa said...

Thank you for the darling pictures. I love the starting of a new school year! Your little students/girls are so precious. Love you all!

Jennifer said...

I think I must have some of the cutest nieces in the world. I hope they both have a great year at school.

Maryann said...

The girls look so great for their first day!! I can't believe they are both in school full time.

Tell Cate to enjoy this time with her mommy, she'll be in school too before long!

Love you guys!
Maryann