Monday, October 26, 2009

Jarom Foster Nelson
October 18, 2009

My brother Daron & his wife Christina's son was stillborn last Sunday morning. (I found out shortly after I posted.) Our hearts are breaking for the little nephew/cousin/son/grandson that we won't get to know in this life, but we know that we will get to know him, hug him, kiss him; that his parents will get to raise him, teach him, love him and hold his hand in the next life. Until then, we will miss him, and think about him, and do our best to make it to where he is, to where he got to go without the trials of this life. What a precious spirit.
And barren coves be filled,
O'erflow with reverie!
Let mem'ry salve as Gilead's caressing.
And though the balm be spread,
Let tender rifts remain
That breaking hearts not yield to forgetting.
For hearts rent wide at death,
Unfolded to our dead,
Hear singing from beyond sunlight's setting.
(Let Peace Then Still the Strife, text: David Warner)
Our thoughts and prayers are with Jarom's choice parents, whose hearts are rent wide. We find solace and rejoice in the knowledge that families are forever. "Now we have a reason to live extremely well."

5 comments:

Andrea said...

So sorry to hear that news. I'll add my prayer for their peace-finding.

Ma n Pa said...

Dearest Emily,
Thank you for putting into words the feelings of our hearts.
A day or two after little Jarom came and went, I joined Mom in the car to drive somewhere. Her broken heart was overflowing with tears down her precious cheeks, tears of sorrow but also of hope. She was listening to that beautiful song.
In time "Joyful Passing" will blossom and bring it's true meaning to wounded hearts. Thanks to Our loving Father and Savior and our eternal family.

Jenafer Lowe said...

We have been keeping Daron, Christina and Jarom in our thoughts and prayers. We have also put Daron and Christina's name on the temple prayer roll each time we go. I hope and pray that the Spirit will envelop them and each member of your family at the time. We love Daron and Christina and each Nelson in this life and in the next.

Christy said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. Christina and Daron are such great people with strong testimonies, but this is such a heartbreaking time for them. My thoughts and prayers are with them and the rest of the Nelson clan.

Daron and Christina said...

Thank you so much, Emily. I love you, and am so glad you're my sister. Daron and I will always have sweet memories of that beautiful Sunday and the days that followed. We have been blessed in ways I never would have expected. We love you.