We were celebrating winter solstice & our first vacation day today by watching one of the most heart-warming family movies of all time, Three Amigos! The girls' almost have it memorized. It was Henry's first viewing, and he seemed to appreciate it for the cinematic triumph it is. Matthew & I can pretty much quote the entire movie right along with Martin, Steve, & Chevy. Well, there's a mild swear word in it, which Matthew kindly corrected with darn-it. After which Bethany kindly corrected him, "No Dad, he said #%&!-it." Our jaws dropped & then we slapped our hands over our mouths to keep from laughing. Then Matthew had to explain why he didn't quote that line exactly. Bethany was chagrined, but we assured her it was okay, she didn't know.I just love these sweet little teaching moments we're blessed with as parents.
1 comment:
As Alyssa says "mommy say it, I say it" or as Bethany says "As Chevy say it, I say it"
Post a Comment