Sunday, May 30, 2010

Henry vs. the Hive

No, it's not what you think. Henry hasn't been near the hives. He hasn't been stung, nor has anyone else in our family. The bees have just been monopolizing the blog lately and it's time to see who people out there care about more, the bees or the baby. So, here are a few videos of Henry eating and me trying to feed a moving target. Is it more entertaining than the bees? Should I just turn this blog over to my husband to chronicle his new-found love of black and gold insects? Vote for Henry by leaving a comment. Vote for the bees by asking how the hive combination went. May the cutest bug win.


(That was definitely the cutest/funniest video. You're allowed to skip the rest of these videos & I'll never know!)




OK, OK, the combining of the hives is going very well so far. They seem to have accepted the new queen without bloodshed. & you're allowed to care about both the kids & the bees. We do!

Bethany's turn!

Uncle Dedo's first beewalk.

15 comments:

Beth said...

It was so fun to meet Henry. He is a delight! Love the videos of him.

I do love hearing about the hives, but I have a special love for baby boys so I vote HENRY!!! (and the girls too, I love hearing their adventures)

Melissa said...

Oh, now that's not even playing fair!!! I love hearing about the bees and seeing the girls in their suits, but of course, HENRY trumps bees any day! :) (And i watched all three videos!)

Melissa said...

P.S. I can't decide if I like the "Lemon" video or "Cereal" better! I thought "cereal" was a hoot! Does he like to watch videos of himself? Georgia LOVES it!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan and Melissa said...

Personally, I'm really enjoying the story with the beehives- didn't know I would. But, of course hearing about your kids and you is great as well. Keep us posted with both! It's not like everyone is obligated to read both if they don't want to. :-)

Jennifer said...

I vote Henry, although the bee stuff is very intersting!

stephanie said...

I was going to say something about how, obviously, the baby is more interesting. But actually, I have been enjoying stories about the hives.

Matthew just needs to keep telling disturbing worker-bees-eating-their-queen stories and I'll stay hooked.

Maursupial said...

Well, I'll have to say that I'll always choose Henry over bees...or pretty much anything else. That is one handsome boy. Hopefully he'll learn to love lemons and be a real live Lowe.

Melanie said...

Henry is SO adorable! I love that stage in life, everything's new:) I've also been on the edge of my seat wondering about how the hive combining went! Thanks for ALL the updates:)

Christy said...

I vote Yes! I love hearing about your family-seeing pictures of your adventures, but I am also intrigued and very interested in the bee adventures too. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to finally meet this little Henry I read so much about and these videos are more precious now that I have seen and held the little guy. The lemon video is such a hoot but I like the cereal the best since it is fully to see what an adventure it is to feed him. I especially liked it when he would grab your hand or the spoon to shove it into his mouth. What a funny little guy.
As much as I like hearing about the bees, I am glad that you are writing about the kids again.

Ma n Pa said...

I am reminded of the comment made by Dave Barry... something like "a baby does not need to actually swallow food; they absorb all necessary nutrients through their chin..."

Adam and Melisa said...

Is there really a competition here?...I mean seriously! Henry wins hands down every time! But...suprisingly I enjoy bee stories too....even thought I'm deathly afraid!!!

Mom and Dad said...

Who would have ever figured that eating broccoli would be such fun! Thanks for preparing...you do know that in a few years you'll be feeding me cereal just like that! No teeth and all!
Great pictures of Bethany and David with the Bees.

Ma n Pa said...

In this case blood is thicker than honey. Henry is such a sweet, sweet little soul we can't get enough of him. We love sharing your adventures and anything that is of interest to you is of interest to us. The bees are fascinating.