Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Shoes!

I got new shoes this week! Aren't they cute? We celebrated MLK day on Monday by taking them out on the rocks. We found a fun place to climb in St. George and after Matthew and I scrambled around a little, we let the girls have a turn. They loved every second of it. Well, except for being lowered down after climbing up. They are used to rappelling and being in control of their descent. It was a little disconserting to them to just be lowered. It was a kick to watch them. We were righteously proud. Enjoy the pictures!


You might notice that Gwen and Bethany are barefoot. This was because we weren't planning on them climbing; we thought they'd just be playing on the ground. So they both wore boots. And you can't climb in boots. Hence, the bare feet.



I love love love this picture:

A wide view with Matthew belaying from the bottom:


I'm sure the sun is just teasing us this week, and cold weather is looming in the near future, but this weekend was so lovely! It felt so good to be outside soaking up the warm sun on the rocks. I caught this cute picture of my hazel-eyed beauty:
and just a blurry one of my brown-eyed girl:
And...
I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder:

5 comments:

Maursupial said...

beautiful girls, wonderful shots. It sure looks like they had fun. I'm so excited to see you this weekend!!

Jamie said...

My kids are jealous. They wish their parents were that cool! THat picture of bethany is really stunning.

Ross said...

Those pictures of your girls are great, Emily!

But I'll be honest and tell you it's the shoes that real caught my eye :) Awesome!

Christy said...

Love the smolder...Bethany and Gwen aren't too bad either. Bethany looks about 15 in that picture. What a beauty! Looks like you had a great time. Congrats on the shoes! Merry Christmas to you!

Ma n Pa said...

Miss miss miss you all! Loved the pictures!