Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Look who's 29
This picture is from 1980. I love it. It is one of those classic family pictures that I've seen hundreds of times. We all have. Any of the siblings could describe it in just a few words & we'd all know the picture s/he was talking about it. Like the one of us in that muddy canal, or the black and white ones by the piano, or lumberjack Dennis. Or the one of Ross with the lettuce on his head, or Daron in our dress-ups and make-up. We usually describe this one as "the one that Maryann looks like she's feeding Emily poisonous berries." She still has better hair than me by the way, and has never tried to poison me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love that we are both 29!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! I promise I never tried to poison you, Emily, but together we turned all of our efforts to our three younger brothers. Daron...do you remember the olive juice? Have a wonderful day, enjoy your last year in your twenties! How is it possible that Mom let me wear that outfit ever and you wear nothing at all out on the front porch? Because it's Ferron and that's just what you do! I almost died when I opended your blog and saw that picture. :) Happy Birthday!!!
Mom, what color was the water when Emily got out of the tub that night?
I'm so glad you blogged today, because I wanted to do a tribute blog to you (and my dad) for your birthdays (I still might), but I don't have a scanner (yeah, I threw it away about six months back when I decided I would never use it - duh), and thus cannot post any of the oh-so-cute pictures I have of the olden days (can you say 4th grade, REALLY curly perm?). Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have an incrediberry day!
29 is so yesterday! Goodluck with that. Really very cute though. Glad to see the baldness was temporary. And I would not trust Maryann when it comes to dangerous wild fruits.
Maryann, maybe I should've asked your permission before I posted a picture of you in a midriff. ;)
Andrea I am thanking my lucky stars that you don't have a scanner right about now!
& Jeff, I just fainted that you posted on my blog. If Daron did too, I'd probably have a heart attack.
so I went ahead and did a tribute blog, even though it would be so much more entertaining with pictures - dang it. Check it out, cause no one else is going to get it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! late. I know. But I love you anyway.
FYI, when I first saw that picture, I thought, "Oh Emily posted an old picture of Gwenyth." Holy cow! I thought Bethany looked just like you, but that picture's all Gwen baby!
Hope you had a fabulous birthday! Love the photo!
This picture is indeed a family classic. I used to look at it and think, "Where was their mother? Why not clothe both daughters? Why not give them cookies instead of letting them graze on whatever it was they were eating?" Now I just think about how much I love my two daughters, and how much I miss them. I remember how much Maryann loved that strange blue shirt with the little cap sleeves... and how much Emily loved running around in her little diaper (yep - cloth - with plastic pants). The bathtub was gritty every single night. I'd wash the girls, then swish the Ferron dirt down the drain.
I think I was expecting Daron when this photo was taken. Speaking of the color of bath water... I wonder if the white footprints are still on the basement floor? (White Wednesday...)
Happy Birthday to my two twenty-nine year olds.
Love, the twenty-nine year old BORG
OK, OK, from the fifty-one year old Ma.
Love that pic-it is all Cate in looks and attitude! Maryann you're looking as hot as ever!
what continues to baffle me is that emily grins her face off...even as her sister slowly poisons her :)
i love this family
Post a Comment