We, along with the rest of the nation, have been listening to a lot of political speeches lately. After listening to Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention, Bethany commented to her dad, "I really like him. He said that we can do better!" She hasn't stopped talking about him since. I was impressed with how much she paid attention to what he said and the questions she asked us. We listened to John McCain the other day and after listening to Matthew and I discuss the election she said, "I wish there was one person with all the right answers." So do we sweetie. I hope that she always keeps her mind open and listens to both sides of every presidential race and every other decision she makes in her life.
Here's my rant: why is the other candidate always The Devil? I sincerely believe that both candidates want the same thing for America, a strong economy, peace and freedom at home and abroad, safety, hope, honesty and integrity in government, an earth that can be enjoyed by our children and grandchildren, educational opportunities for all, etc. Now, they have entirely different ideas about how to go about their goals, but why not just talk about what they are going to do, what their ideas are, instead of going on and on about why their opponent is so wrong.
Also, it is hilarious to hear her and Gwen's pronunciations of the democratic candidate, Rock o' rock o' Bama, etc.
Lastly, I am posting something else immediately because, for all my spirited idealism, I am kindof a wimp and not the best at defending my position in a debate, so I'm not leaving a political post at the top for long!
8 comments:
The other canidates wouldn't be the devil if they would stop being democrats! Obama, a.k.a. Che Guevara, a.k.a. Beelzebub, a.k.a Joseph Goebbels, has no soul.
Aggh! Daron! This is my blog, you better watch it or I'll have to exercise my right as blog administrator & delete your comments.
I know you're chuckling right now as I pull out my hair & try to think of something cutting to come back with.
Emily,
I'm with you sister!!
John McCain-Sarah Palin= My kind of candidate.
However, McCain+Palin= viable candidate.
Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.
Bethany, I am so impressed that you are thinking about what the presidential candidates are saying. That is a very important thing for you, and for all of us, to do! And, I agree with you--I wish we could see the day when someone will have "all the right answers." Maybe we will! Until then, though, I guess we just keep making the best decisions we can. Matthew and Emily, you are both awesome examples for Daron and me--I hope our children realize how important it is to think about what's going on in our world and maybe to try to do something about it when they can. I hope our kids turn out like yours and like the Fowlers! (Oh, and I apologize for anything offensive my husband might say...I can't control him. I try, but then he makes me laugh and it all falls apart. Haha!)
I agree with you Emily. I had a great talk w/ Matthew the other night about politics. I hate it. I hate the whole show and so I avoid it rather than become informed. I just feel like they're all lying, saying what you want to hear and I dont' like feeling I can't trust them. I wish there was more truth, more saying what they really believe and letting us make decisions based on that.
we CAN ALL do better! I agree with Bethany and Obama there. That would be a good thing. If we all did better.
Bethany for President!!!
Emily, this is why I hate politics and sports-the other candidate or team is always "the devil" we can't appreciate the motivation or spirit they have, because we have to HATE them! Ho hum...I hate this time of year
Post a Comment