Cranberry-Pear Chicken
2 tsp canola oil
¾ lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless - cut in
1-inch cubes
1 ½ tsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
3 green onions, chopped
1 pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
¼ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup pear nectar
2 tsp coarse multi-grain mustard I'm not a huge mustard fan - I just used 1 tsp
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Toss with flour and sauté in 1 tsp oil for five minutes, turning once to brown all sides. Remove from pan.
2 tsp canola oil
¾ lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless - cut in
1-inch cubes
1 ½ tsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
3 green onions, chopped
1 pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
¼ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup pear nectar
2 tsp coarse multi-grain mustard I'm not a huge mustard fan - I just used 1 tsp
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Toss with flour and sauté in 1 tsp oil for five minutes, turning once to brown all sides. Remove from pan.
At this point your pan has a beautiful fond. This is the best part. It makes the dish. Don't burn it.
Add additional teaspoon of oil; sauté chopped green onion and pear for three minutes to brown the pears.
Add additional teaspoon of oil; sauté chopped green onion and pear for three minutes to brown the pears.It smells so good right now!
Add the cranberries, pear nectar, and mustard; simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes.
Add the reserved chicken and simmer for one minute to glaze the chicken.
Maybe all is not lost.
Garnish with green onions and...
Serve immediately.
with brown rice, Mmmm!
So, it turned out OK. It was delicious actually. The real question is, did the girls eat it? They asked for 2nds - of broccoli. They did eat the chicken after picking off all those pesky green & red things. They must think I'm insane for messing up perfectly good plain chicken with fruit and vegetables and sauce. That won't stop me from making it again though. I hope you like it too. Good luck with the fond!
8 comments:
It looks amazing. I'm definitely going to try this one. It's got three things I love: pears, chicken, and cranberries. Those girls are crazy...crazy cute.
so how many chicken breasts did you use? I am still not good at equating lbs of chicken into pieces....
I've cooked a lot of chicken but I guess I just don't pay attention to that.
by the way
Good presentation!
Jamie - I don't pay attention to that either. I think I used 3 chicken breasts, but I've used more or less. I don't follow the recipe very well on stuff like that.
I read the title and thought "gross, cranberries?" Then I read the recipe and thought "maybe that doesn't sound bad." Then I read the rest, saw the pictures and decided it looks great and I'm going to TRY it!! Thanks for opening my mind:)
AND...it doesn't have oranges or orange juice in it!!!!!! How can you beat a recipe like that ! I think we've eaten it at your house before and it's good. Thank you all for "keeping Papa out of trouble" while I'm in Califronia. See you Monday! Gma
I am totally trying this recipe...my kids are going to "freak out"... So many poisonous ingredients!!
Thanks for the recipe, I'll let you know how it turns out.
How come I keep missing all your posts? I just happened upon this one, and it's 2 WEEKS old. What the?
This looks delicious. I have decided that my kids can just suck it up. I'm tired of worrying about whether or not they'll eat something that I want to make. Lately they've had cheese quesadillas and apple slices for just about every meal, because I want good stuff, they don't, and quesadillas are easy enough that I can make them while I make my meal.
Post a Comment