This is really good:
8 small skinned chicken thighs (bone-in, do they even come boneless? I don't know!)
1/2 cup sliced scallions (I used green onions, that's what scallions are right? I can never remember.)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp orange or apricot marmalade (I used apricot preserves)
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger (Please use fresh ginger, it is so good. Peel a section of it & then run it over the zester part of your cheese grater until you have 1 tablespoon.)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Mix ingredients in a slow-cooker. Cover & cook on low 7-9 hours. EAT!
I served it with rice. I also served it to my mother-in-law. How sweet of me right? How thoughtful. Except that my mother-in-law is allergic to oranges. Anaphylactic shock allergic. Closing up of the throat, can't breath, deadly allergic. After dinner, being the sweet woman she is, she complemented my cooking and asked what was in the sauce. "Oh, it's so easy!" I began, "there's orange juice..." Her face froze, then she asked if we had any Benadryl. Oops. Sorry Mom. I wasn't trying to kill you, I promise. She took some Benadryl & lived through the evening. She has even spoken to me since which just shows how big her heart is.
So, make this soon, tonight, you won't regret it. Just don't invite Carla, she won't fall for this recipe again.
4 comments:
So excited to try this recipe! I'm always happy to get a new one. So sorry your mother-in-law is so allergic - yikes!
I did the same thing to Matthew once. I made lasagna, it was yummy..he started having an allergic rxn and asked what was in it. Of course I had used Marinara sauce w/mushrooms for the base. I dont' even have marinara sauce w/mushrooms in my house anymore. I've been scared straight.
Remind you of a certain "boyfriend dinner" where you spent the evening picking the mushrooms out of the lasagna sauce? Good thing you knew Matthew well enough by then to know what he was allergic to - could have been a more exciting dinner than we had bargained for. By the way that was the best dinner I had at Ricks - lucky for me (and the boys) you knew how to cook and I was just in charge of the kool-aid (which I probably managed to ruin somehow), and that lasagna recipe is still my absolute fav. - I make it once/month!
Thanks for the recipe...I will definitely try it. I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken, and crock-pots are the best! p.s. Logan just barely turned 4 and won't go to Kindergarten until next year...darn.
Post a Comment