Sunday, June 8, 2008

Charlie

We're dogsitting Matthew's parents' mighty Rottweiler, Charlie. Doesn't she look intimidating? Poor dog got a little too close to a skunk the other night. She didn't get a direct spray, but she stunk enough to warrant a tomato juice bath. Yum! I love this dog. She is the sweetest pet I have ever met. I don't ever want to get our own dog because it wouldn't be as lovable as Charlie. I also don't ever want our own dog because they shed in your house and poop in your yard, but that reason makes me sound like a jerk to my veterinarian raised in-laws. I really do love dogs. Love them. Really. Other people's dogs. And I want to continue to love dogs, and I think that can be best accomplished by not having one live with me.

We do have a pet cat named Jack. He lives outside and catches mice, lizards and the occasional bird. We feed and water him once a day and that's pretty much it. He doesn't need to be walked, brushed, loved, etc. Why do we have a cat that is neither loved by nor loves us? Don't ask me, but that's about all the pet responsibility I can handle.