I'm in Indy. By myself. At my sister's house for my niece's baptism tomorrow. Today has pretty much the most relaxing day of my life for the past 7 years. My sister & brother-in-law are at work & I'm babysitting their 8 & 10 year old angels. Which means I slept in 'til eleven (hey, that's only 9AM Utah time), took a long shower & let the kids do whatever they want all day. I flew in yesterday and let me tell you how easy plane travel is without another human being strapped to your body and a huge diaper bag. I didn't have to put on anyone else's shoes after security, I didn't have to share my $8 airport sandwich with anyone, I didn't have to keep anyone but myself entertained during the layover in Dallas, I could walk as fast as I wanted down the corridors & I only had to worry about the space I was taking up. The best thing was, & what this tells you about my life I'm not sure, but the best thing was that if I didn't have to go to the bathroom, I didn't have to stop & make anyone else go to the bathroom. & I only had to wash my own hands! I feel so free. & kinda worthless. & I'm missing my family like crazy.So, Bethany, Gwen & Catherine, I love you so much & I wish you could've come too. (Despite all that I just said.) I am thinking about you all the time. I hope you're having a good time with Dad. I'm sure you're being good & helping out a lot. Make sure he has a good Father's Day OK? I'll have to call you and tell you where I hid his present!
Matthew, I love you. Thanks for being cool with this trip. Wish you were here. Wish I knew how to link to that country song. Miss you.
Love,
Emily
2 comments:
Emily,
I'm glad you're having fun. We are too. Right after you got in the car we sat down and had a meeting of the minds. I asked them for their demands, and I told them mine. They are washing dishes and keeping the house clean without complaining, and I'm feeding them and doing some fun stuff. (I'm helping with the dishes and cleaning.)
We camped on the lawn last night. (Girls' Demand #1.) It was me, 3 girls, and a rottweiler in a 4 man tent. Beth and Gwen said it was the most fun they had ever had. Have we heard that before? Demand #2: Pizza and a DVD tonight. Demand #3: Zion for a hike tomorrow. Demand #4: Church on Sunday. Demand #4: Monday-- crafts.
Bethany is $3 shy of reaching her camera's price tag. She's motivated, and she's outside now picking weeds. I told her that we'd go to Wal*Mart as soon as she reached $20. She has counted the money about 100 times today. Finally she put it in bags with $5 each and that should save her from re-counting everything every time she gets a new quarter.
I'm more than happy that you don't know how to link to country songs. I miss you too.
Matthew
PS
Catherine is asleep on a barstool right now. Camping takes a lot out of a girl. I'm going to go wake her up.
Update:
We're still alive. The house is a wreck. I miss you. Glad you're having fun.
Matthew
(Don't worry, I was just kidding; the house is fine. The girls are doing a great job. It's 101 F today. They asked if we could go swimming in the creek instead of Zion. I hope the water isn't too cold.)
Post a Comment