A Thousand Splendid Suns is actually one of the books I have on hold at the library, as well as the movie version of "The Kite Runner." Thanks for the other recommendations! I'm so excited to go back to the library now. The book I took a chance on the other night at the library ended up being stupid - or at least having stupid stuff in it that made me lose all respect for and interest in the characters, so I quit reading it. The book I liked was called Adam, by Tedd Decker. I don't know if I'd recommend it, just because it's kind of dark and weird (a crime novel I guess - about a serial killer), but it got me excited about reading again, and it was interesting. I don't know if I got out of it what was intended, but it struck me in several ways as thought-provoking. Maybe it was just that it was the first grown-up book I've laid eyes on for five years. I don't know anymore what's good. And WHAT IS THE DEAL with the whole twilight-obsessed masses? I have refused for this long to even consider reading them, just because they're so "faddish," and about vampires (which do not interest me IN THE LEAST), of all things. I swear, almost every single blog I have ever snooped onto (and that number is in the hundreds at least) mentions Twilight! Now I'm beginning to think the only way to stop the madness is to read them for myself. There must be something to the buzz, cause several people I respect recommend them. Anyway, now maybe I'll publish this comment as a novel - it's long enough. Maybe if I just insert a little something about a vampire here or there... Oh, and I can't believe you guys start school tomorrow! That's early, isn't it? Good luck!
What a great picture. We miss our girl. She sounded so great on the phone tonight. She is having fun. Thank you for making this possible for her. It's so strange how small our family seems when one is missing.
To Andrea.... The Twilight series is Lots of funnnn.... You should TOTALLY give in!!!!! :)
Rachel's Famous Popcorn or "RFP" is not to be missed. I am so glad Rachel's not missing out on her Big T trip! Andrea-I totally agree with you and the Twilight Series-boring drivel and I love Vampires!!!
the picture is so great! I love Cate's face!!!! Yeah, Twilight is a bit overwrought. This coming from a girl who LOVES books targeted for teenage girls.
Hey, people, I am trying to blog about my darling daughters & my wonderful niece & me, me, ME & like everything else in the world, my blog is being taken over by vampire mania! ;)
(Going to the library today - I've promised Maryann to read them!)
6 comments:
A Thousand Splendid Suns is actually one of the books I have on hold at the library, as well as the movie version of "The Kite Runner." Thanks for the other recommendations! I'm so excited to go back to the library now. The book I took a chance on the other night at the library ended up being stupid - or at least having stupid stuff in it that made me lose all respect for and interest in the characters, so I quit reading it. The book I liked was called Adam, by Tedd Decker. I don't know if I'd recommend it, just because it's kind of dark and weird (a crime novel I guess - about a serial killer), but it got me excited about reading again, and it was interesting. I don't know if I got out of it what was intended, but it struck me in several ways as thought-provoking. Maybe it was just that it was the first grown-up book I've laid eyes on for five years. I don't know anymore what's good. And WHAT IS THE DEAL with the whole twilight-obsessed masses? I have refused for this long to even consider reading them, just because they're so "faddish," and about vampires (which do not interest me IN THE LEAST), of all things. I swear, almost every single blog I have ever snooped onto (and that number is in the hundreds at least) mentions Twilight! Now I'm beginning to think the only way to stop the madness is to read them for myself. There must be something to the buzz, cause several people I respect recommend them. Anyway, now maybe I'll publish this comment as a novel - it's long enough. Maybe if I just insert a little something about a vampire here or there...
Oh, and I can't believe you guys start school tomorrow! That's early, isn't it? Good luck!
What a great picture. We miss our girl. She sounded so great on the phone tonight. She is having fun. Thank you for making this possible for her. It's so strange how small our family seems when one is missing.
To Andrea.... The Twilight series is Lots of funnnn.... You should TOTALLY give in!!!!! :)
Andrea...seriously, don't knock TWILIGHT until you try it...give in girl!
Rachel's Famous Popcorn or "RFP" is not to be missed. I am so glad Rachel's not missing out on her Big T trip! Andrea-I totally agree with you and the Twilight Series-boring drivel and I love Vampires!!!
the picture is so great! I love Cate's face!!!! Yeah, Twilight is a bit overwrought. This coming from a girl who LOVES books targeted for teenage girls.
Hey, people, I am trying to blog about my darling daughters & my wonderful niece & me, me, ME & like everything else in the world, my blog is being taken over by
vampire mania! ;)
(Going to the library today - I've promised Maryann to read them!)
Post a Comment