Monday, September 29, 2008

Some pics from our weekend

Jena & David were kind enough to let me tag along with them all day Saturday. We went hiking & swimming in Zion with Jena's BF Annette and her boyfriend Devon (sp?). Matthew had a conference in Cedar City, so I was totally the 5th wheel, but didn't feel like it at all. I got a babysitter for my girls & thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with other adults & not worrying about my daughters leaving the trail & falling off a cliff.







Speaking of hanging out...


After we got home, Matthew, Bethany, Gwen & Cate joined us and we went rappelling. We found a great spot - not too extreme because there were a few first timers & plenty of bouldering for my girls.



Apparently Matthew & I are mean & boring parents because whenever we have guests, the girls beg them to take them home. It's kindof embarrassing when your child says, "I want to go with that guy" about someone she's known for less than 2 hours. Catherine's first words Sunday morning were "Is Devon still here? Is Annette still here?" Then she wouldn't sit by us at church, randomly choosing another grandma to cuddle up to. Friendly, outgoing? Attachment disorder?


We (& by we I mean they) had a good hair day Sunday, so I asked Matthew to take some pictures while I did my hair (in a ponytail).
I know that there's a glaring omission from my weekend report, so I have to confess that I forgot all about the General Relief Society Meeting. I think I'll watch it now!

7 comments:

Christy said...

I have to say I love the last pics of the girls the best. Awesome.

Ma n Pa said...

When we went to church with the Lowe family, Catherine was so excited to have us visting for the weekend that she sat on the pew right behind us. I didn't have hurt feelings. Gwen & I sat together.
Love,
Booma

Jamie said...

you are not alone. When Annette is here. Samantha makes it very obvious that she likes Annette better than the rest of us. I missed GRSM too. oops. wedding reception of Carly's former teacher in 3rd and 5th grade. gotta watch it too.

the hair looks great on all of them too! good job!

Andrea said...

Yeah, I missed it too. After planning on attending for weeks it suddenly dawned on me, that morning, that I had no husband that day, and no babysitter and that I would be spending the evening at home. Dang it. Ah well. I watched my nephews so my SIL could go, so you tell me which is more important: going to hear tell of charity and good works, or actually DOING an act of service. I know, thin line. I'll forgive you if you forgive me.

Dan and Melissa said...

The pictures of the girls are darling! Gwen's hair looks so cute curled like that!

Jenafer Lowe said...

Loved their hair that morning, very, very cute.

Jenafer Lowe said...

I got so excited to comment on the hair I forgot to say THANKS for the great weekend! Focus Jena, FOCUS! The hike was great, the swim was scary and I <3 rapelling or however you spell it. I came to work blah, blah, blahing about how wonderful it was and how I couldn't wait to do it again. I think I have found my outdoor niche. I also love, love, love that picture of us. Beautiful, you and me, Sister.