Bethany can ride her bike! This is huge. She rode to the bus stop this morning. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I had a seven-year-old who couldn't ride, because it was totally her parents' fault. We live on a narrow, quiet street with no curbs or sidewalks & hardly any traffic, except for our neighbors and us, so most of the time it would be safe for her to practice riding on our street, except when the two teenagers that live on each end of the road drive by. I don't know if they're too cool slow down for children at play, so I don't like my girls in the road unless I'm with them. Which is why Bethany just learned to ride her bike last week. Anyway, I'm so proud of her. She's pretty proud of herself too. When she got to the bus stop this morning she said, "I'm feeling pretty good!"
Now it's Gwen's turn. She learns in the opposite way of her sister. Bethany wanted to make sure she could steer, slow down, stop, etc., before she tried to ride by herself. Gwen can pedal down the road by herself, but she can't steer, slow down or stop. Hilarious. Such a good example of their personalities.
After walking home from the bus stop this morning Catherine said to me, "Mom, my heart is beeping!" I took some pictures of her last night as she helped me with the dishes. She really helps too!

(Our dishwasher doesn't work because our water is so hard that it ruined the new one we bought when we moved here, so we aren't getting another one until we get a water-softener, which will hopefully be before the girls move out & we don't need a dishwasher anymore.) (She's wearing her Cinderella dress, her sister's flower girl dress for Dedo & Jena's wedding.) (Have a nice day!)
6 comments:
Darling pictures of Catherine helping with the dishes! Congrats to Bethany on learning to ride her bike. I was about her age when I learned also. Now she has years of fun ahead. And good luck with the costume accessories........
I'm so glad the Cinderella dress will see the light again. I'm hoping to be feeling better so that I can come and see the girls in all of their Halloween glory.
doesn't Cate know that is the WRONG cinderella dress to be washing dishes in?????? She's supposed to be dancing in that one.
she's a sweetie pie. good luck on the costume shopping. Mason is going to be a cowboy with tennis shoes instead of boots cuz I'm just not that nice. and Tell Bethany Congratulations. NOw her 7 yr old cousin Samantha's parents might be shamed in to teaching her......
and by the way... I love the word "snippets"
Oh why don't we live closer to one another? I just got home from a little neighborhood soiree that made me SO homesick (can you be homesick for friends who "get" you?)! I was biting back tears (apparently tears come out of your teeth?) and came in my bedroom to feel sorry for myself when I spotted your new post! Thank you for posting Bemj! It's just what I needed. Especially since it could have been clipped straight from the life and times of me - making me feel like someone out there (insert Fival music here) understands.
My girls have both referred to it as a heart BEEP - that's one of my favorite mistakes. So cute. And I have that EXACT picture (but insert little brown girl for the fair-haired one, and subtract the luxurious ball gown and add a random mismatched outfit) of Mera (a few of Saylor, too), and I also don't ever have time to get everything done in the too-small window of moments between school drop-off and school pick-up and so sooth the pain by buying clearance items I don't need (but can't live without - duh).
Let's summarize: You. Complete. Me. :) Thanks for the post!
Don't worry Em. My other niece Sariah just learned. And by just learned I mean last week. And she's ELEVEN!!! I've tried teaching her, Dedo has tried teaching her and her Dad has tried teaching her. To no avail, she finally learned with some friends. Go figure! I guess she just wasn't ready. Now she needs a new bike. If they get her one for Christmas it will be her third bike, the first one she can ride but her third bike.
Congrats Bethany!!! It sounds like Gwen goes about things like I do. And Catherine's dress is sooo cute. I just thought I would stop by and say hello. Hope all is well. I got your message the other day, but I'm never sure when is a good time to call you. Let me know how you're doing. We miss you.
Love
Katie and Eve
Post a Comment