
Cate woke up with a swollen right eye. She said, "Dad, I got glue all over my eye. But I didn't do it."
I took her into the Instacare in Hurricane and the Dr. said it could just be a hold-over from her recent cold, but prescribed eye drops anyway. He said that with a 4x a day regimen, she should no longer be contagious after a day or so.
Also, I have a new appreciation for my wife. I don't know how many times she has taken all three kids to the Instacare without killing them, but I know she has done it several times. I felt like I barely survived the ordeal... especially when the older children kept interrupting with loud questions and declarations. The doctor was telling me that if anyone else in the family should need the drops he would write a refill for the prescription. To which the oldest said, in her characteristically loud voice: "What is a refill?" and then, (not responding to my whispered, "We'll talk about it later.") "I don't have an eye infection; why would you give me the drops?" and then Gwen says, "My kindergarten teacher told me to NEVER take someone else's medicine!" ... Then, just after the doctor finished explaining the need for thorough hand-washing before eating, Gwen decides that would be a good cue to reach into the bag full of coloring books that I brought in with us and grab a cold Chicken McNugget and pop it in her mouth.
6 comments:
Oh man!! Just when you think you are in the clear your kids say or do something to make everyone around you think you are the WORST parent in existance.
Been there done that.
Hopefully the pink eye doesn't spread, we went through our own pink eye ordeal with Haylie earlier this winter and it was BAD stuff. May the force be with you!
Aunt Maryann
May your days be merry and bright pink. Just kidding. I wouldn't wish that stuff on anyone. It's SOOoooo contagious.
p.s. I spent ALL day downloading pictures to Office Max for that whole Elf Yourself experience, and my kids watched it at least a half a million times and laughed hysterically EVERY single one of them. But, alas, I could not figure out how to get it on my blog or e-mail. I'm so glad someone figured it out!
I see where Gwen was coming from. I always get hungry when someone mentions food, too. Mmmm...bonus mcnugget! Score!
Matthew.... as your sister I say "I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Matthew... as a wife & mother I say.. "I'm glad you got to experience that so you can appreciate your wife that much more"
:)
Tis the season for everyone to be sick, eh? I've had a house full of sick kiddos here lately too. For about 2 weeks straight at least one of them was sick with something! UGH. I hate that. Such is life. Hope you had a nice Christmas and New Years! Did you go anywhere or stay home for both?
Post a Comment