Butternut Squash Bisque
2 Tbsp butter
2 small onions, chopped
1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
5 cups chicken stock
8 oz. potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup whipping cream (optional)
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives + some to garnish (optional)
Salt & pepper
Red pepper flakes
In a large pot, saute onions in butter for 5 minutes. Add squash, stock, potatoes and paprika. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer for 35 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Blend in batches until smooth. Stir in cream, season with salt & pepper, reheat gently. Stir in chopped chives or red pepper flakes just before serving. Garnish with chives or cream.
This soup is very forgiving. I have never weighed the potatoes or squash. I just cut up one whole squash & put in about half that much of potatoes. Then add plenty of chicken broth - you can always add more as you're blending it if it's too thick.
2 comments:
thanks...after I asked, looked in the Lowe Quality cookbook and was embarrassed! Thank you! Mom
Jenafer and I made this for dinner tonight and we loved it, LOVED it.
Post a Comment