I have a great post about picture day coming up, but my camera needs a new battery & that post needs pictures. (It involves a black eye.) So, in the meantime, here is a recipe for one of my favorite soups. I think I found it in a magazine & modified it a little because I can't seem to follow a recipe to save my life. I made it for dinner last night and served it with brown rice pilaf, roasted broccoli & wheat rolls. I felt totally healthy, especially since I'd been eating candy corn all day long. I think that soup is my favorite thing about fall. This is also good to serve with Halloween coming up - all that garlic will keep away the vampires!
Creamy Carrot Potato Soup
1 head of garlic (That's right, 1 HEAD, not one clove. Peel each & every clove from an entire head of garlic & throw 'em in the pot. Don't be afraid, it's so good. Unless you don't like garlic, then perhaps you shouldn't even bother with this soup.)
6-8 cups chicken broth
3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
6+ carrots, peeled and chopped into large chunks
1/3 cup heavy cream (or half 'n' half or milk, but cream is best)
salt & pepper
Bring broth, garlic, potatoes and carrots to a boil. Simmer, covered, 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to pot. Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with a few drops of heavy cream and serve.
My girls really like it when I whip up the rest of the heavy cream & top their soup with a dollop of that.
5 comments:
Mmmm...I'm always game for a new soup recipe - I love it! The other best thing about fall? Cinnamon rolls. I can't wait for some chilly evenings so I can make them (I tried them twice during the summer, and they just weren't the same in the 90 degree weather)!
You always make good soup! What is the recipe for Butternut Squash soup?
this sounds good; have we eaten it at your house before????
Thank you. Mom
Mom, I think we did make it for you once. We'll have to have it again for you soon. :)
I really want to try this but it's still 100 + degrees here in Hell..met. I'll have to wait a few more months until it gets cooler. I'm still getting really great tomatoes though!
That sounds SOOOO good! And since it's not supposed to be over 70 for the rest of the week, might be a good time to try it. . .
Post a Comment