Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summertime

and the livin' is easy.

School's out and summer is in full swing. We've already been hiking, rapelling and swimming. (Spry Canyon pictures are here.) We've got a new summer morning routine, new summer chores and new summer bedtimes. We've had our first summer visitors, (my Mom & Dad, DaronandChristina and Ross) gone through our first box of Otter Pops and had our first corn on the cob. Beach vacations and family reunions are coming up fast. I love it!

The girls have been/still are playing outside all day. I've been digging in the dirt and playing with my drip system. Newcomers to my landscape are another Desert Willow, 2 Russian Sage, a Butterfly Bush and a small sage in the front yard. My globe mallow is blooming! Isn't it purty? (It's the orange one.) I don't know if anyone out there cares about this stuff (I know Ma does!), but growing things make me so happy! & it feels so happily settled down to work in my yard.

Thank you everyone who came over last weekend. Ma, it wasn't long enough! I'll see you in Indy though. DaronandChristina, thanks for staying longer & staying up late with us. We had a blast. You are so fun to hang out with.

That's all for now. Coming soon: more pictures of Zion.

2 comments:

Ma n Pa said...

My orange globe mallow is a blooming machine! It's so pretty! I love it because it is so incredibly hearty and drought resistant. When it gets too tall & seedy, just chop it down. It doesn't get discouraged, it just sends up new shoots. Is there a lesson in there somewhere? Nah, let's just enjoy the brave little flowers.

Also - my iris miracle is blooming. Beautiful yellow iris - and the story can wait for another day.

I LOVED walking around and seeing your xeric planting successes. Most of all, I LOVE everyone that was there!

Maryann said...

Emily, your garden is beautiful! I wish I could see it in person. I have completely neglected my yard this year but I have a great desire to have it blooming and wonderful. You have done a spectacular job on your gardens, it is really nice. I love it!