Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday

Tuesday has been my least favorite day of the week this year. I usually work Monday nights, so Tuesday is my first full day of doing the dishes and laundry that have piled up all weekend. I also have been babysitting every Tuesday. Then there's preschool and violin practice and as soon as we all get home I have to get dinner on before dear husband goes to scouts and I get to clean up and get the girls to bed. I'm always tired on Tuesdays, like butter scraped across too much bread, (I didn't write that seriously, just wanted to see if you were paying attention, for the extra 2 points, what's the reference?) especially if I have to work the next day and I'm stressed that I didn't get enough done at home on my day off. Today was different though. I didn't have any extra kids at my house, everyone helped with the after-dinner clean-up, I don't have to work tomorrow and, here's the best part, I got to go to a photography class at Dixie. I got out of the house and it wasn't grocery shopping or work or church-related! I thoroughly enjoyed learning about shutter speed and aperture. So often at home I feel distracted and overstimulated, it was heavenly to just focus on the lecture. Plus also (name that reference) I love photography and have been itching to really learn how to take pictures. Thanks to my in-laws and my husband who made this night out possible. I am looking forward to next Tuesday already.

Oh, and Matthew, I need this camera for the class.

7 comments:

Maryann said...

Bilbo Baggins!!

I too feel like butter spread across too much bread...especially when I look at the pile of towels I need to get washed.

You will need to teach me everything you learn about photography, how fun!!

Ma n Pa said...

Dad here. What a great day to have. I'm thinking that your appreciation for yesterday comes as a reward for your diligence in the past.

I love those meaningful quotes from middle earth. Lately, for myself, I've been feeling like too MUCH butter spread across too many po-ta-toes. I think I need to step out the door and have a little adventure (a little more exercise).

We loved having your family home for the weekend, it was wonderful. We are looking forward to Memorial Day.

Love you all.

Maursupial said...

I tried to win you a camera on Pioneer Woman, but alas, I was not the random number chosen.

Andrea said...

Do your girls love Junie B. Jones, too? I have mixed emotions, because while I love the wit, they do not teach proper spelling or grammar, which I worry is sometimes confusing for Saylor (I know I over analyze everything). Anyway, now that I have deviated far off course...how fun to take a photo class! I need to, as I have forgotten every last shred of info I learned from the three years I took in high school - time well spent. Glad your Tuesdays are shaping up! And so glad someone else feels overstimulated...that's my middle name!

Emily said...

Dad - hahaha! I know the too much butter feeling too!

Andy - We LOVE Junie B. I figure we read enough other literature & try to talk good at home,so readin' a little Junie B. ain't gonna matter too much. I love finding books I can actually read to my girls without wanting to stick toothpicks under my fingernails like reading Barbie, Disney & Strawberry Shortcake books makes me want to. I'll have to post some other favorites sometime.

Maury - Thanks for the thought! Would you really have given it to me?????

Maursupial said...

I would have thought about it really hard. . . of course I can be entirely noble 'cause I didn't win it...So YES! I would have given it to you.

Andrea said...

Please do (post favorite books)! I, too, am ever-ready for children's books that I can enjoy as much as (if not more than) my girls. I swear I laugh more at Junie B. than Saylor. Sometimes she just looks at me like I'm kind of crazy (a look I have grown quite accustomed to) as I stop reading to chuckle.