Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I (heart) my Ipod

My relationship with Running has been rocky lately. We're not in a fight, just not spending a lot of quality time together. We've seen each other only sporadically over the winter, and I've cheated a little with Sleeping-In and Walking-to-the-Park-and-Calling-it-Good. Now that school's out though, the mornings are light, long and lazy. I have time to get a good night's sleep (which takes some time after working until 1:00 A.M.), go for a run, come home, get everyone breakfast, do chores, etc. Yeah, it's lunchtime by then, but who cares? Sometimes we have to make time to spend together if we want a relationship to be successful. I think Running & I will make it through this and come out stronger than ever.

Matthew got me an Ipod (I might have been the last person in the civilized world to get one) for Mother's Day & it makes running so fun. Not that it wasn't fun before! My favorite running mix is all the good 90's music that I missed out on because I was too busy listening to Mariah Carey, Savage Garden and Hootie and the Blowfish. I still like Hootie by the way. I have never been hip to the latest trends, musical or otherwise, so thank goodness I married someone with a more eclectic collection than me. Here's what was on my shuffle this morning: R.E.M., Better Than Ezra, Dido, James, Weezer and Vampire Weekend. My favorite cool-down music is The Mo Tab.

Today I'm working on my garden (replacing everything the wind whipped down to nothing), doing laundry and cleaning out Catherine's closet. Bethany is going to move into Cate's room this summer sometime & Gwen & Cate will share a room. I'm sure Bethany will tell you all about it on her blog when it happens. & you will all make lots of comments & I'll quit writing because my six-year old is more interesting than me. ;)

6 comments:

Daron and Christina said...

Weezer's blue album is one of the greatest albums of all time. Better than Ezra is awesome. The 90's were filled with great music. Too bad about that Savage Garden stuff though. barf.

Ma n Pa said...

Good times! I walk up and down our lane for some very low impact exercise. I occasionally hear the goats blaaaaing or the frogs or crickets or mosquitoes make their various noises. Ah, the country! Give everyone one hug for me. I miss you all!
Love, Ma

Andrea said...

Nope, you're one step ahead of me. I don't have an i-pod. But I have no intention of running, and if I had an i-pod I'd feel guilty about not using it, so it's best I not have one. My brother-in-law gave us one a while back, but we NEVER used it, so we gave it back. If only I could talk my body into running! Then I could enjoy a little music-listening without screaming chaos intermingled. Ahhh...the 90s...where'd THEY go? Glad you've discovered them. :)

Maryann said...

I have thought about how my life would be different if I had an Ipod. Jeff swears my life would be better...I doubt, however, that I would take up running. I think that you running everyday is so cool! I could use the Ipod to listen to at work...hmmm, maybe that would be nice.

Maursupial said...

I'm so happy for you! Ipods are wonderful! I'm on #2 and I love love love it. Good luck with the gardening and room switching. You are ambitious.

Christy said...

I too love my ipod~I do not love running. I wish I did. I love to listen to my ipod when I'm cleaning or working in the yard, walking the dogs etc. But sometimes I love to listen to the wind and the noises of the desert too. I love where I live and the sights and sounds of the desert. Of course I won't be saying this in August. Are you re painting the bedrooms? I love how you've decorated and am excited to see what's coming next!