Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Lowe Quality Reunion, A trip to the ER and a Root Canal

That pretty much sums up our week. What we thought was an insect bite & the ER doc thought was cellulitis, turned out to be a tooth that needed a root canal. Except that they didn't call it that because they don't do root canals on baby teeth. Bethany still has 6 or 7 years before she loses that back molar though, so I'm glad her dentist saved it. She is feeling great now and the pain and swelling are almost gone. The dentist did say it was a good thing we went to the ER and got her started on antibiotics over the weekend because infections in the teeth, face, etc., can be bad news. So I am trying to tell myself that I wasn't being a freaked-out-over-nothing mama. I'll keep telling myself that until the bill comes, then I'll probably regret being such a concerned parent.
It's so good to be home. School starts next week for Matthew & the week after for the girls. It has been a fun whirlwind of July and I think I'm ready for school & the routine it brings. Thanks everyone for the great time at the cabin!

6 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Sure glad Bethany's doing ok now. Can't believe school starts for the girls in a couple weeks. The summer sure has flown! Cute pictures from your vacation.

Maryann said...

We are so glad that Bethany is feeling better! I am so sorry she ahd to go through all of that. At least you guys weren't up on Ferron Mountain when this all happened, that would have been really awful!

Your pictures are so great! All of your nieces and nephews are getting so big!

Love you!
Maryann

Ma n Pa said...

So glad Bethany is doing better. Thank you for being such concerned parents!

I loved the pictures! What treasures you all are.

Love to you all!

Andrea said...

Why on earth would a 6 year old need a root canal? Yikes. Glad you got it figured out though - I wouldn't have known what to do.

Maursupial said...

I'm so glad Bethany is ok. She was so stoic through the whole thing. I swear, that girl was sweet and charming even with a toothache and a swollen face. The pictures do look good! I miss you guys already.

The Snow Queen said...

Hey we posted pictures of Oceanside and there are some of you guys check them out. Melissa