My brother expressed a lot of how I feel about Ferron Mountain on his blog. I have so many good memories there. It felt good to take my girls to the place I explored as a child, to see them run off with their cousins and to be a part of the group of adults sitting around talking all day.
Our cozy tent

2nd cousins Bethany, Shaylie and Tandy
(mine, Jessie's & Kody's, not sure on the spellings!)

Gwen & Keddy
pretty much the two cutest little things up there, Keddy is Kody's daughter, she was named after our Grandma, Claris, whose nickname was Keddy
Gwen, Beth & Tandy
Kody climbed this tree, not the Quakie in front, the 75 foot pine tree, he climbed to the very top, & I mean the very top, we could see his head poking out, then my Dad climbed it because, well, if you knew Kody or my Dad, you'd understand why!
Bethany played a fiddle song for everyone & the clapping during & the applause afterwards were beyond her wildest dreams
I found this old picture of Angela and me to compare with the next one of us all grown up!
Gwen, Beth & Tandy
Kody climbed this tree, not the Quakie in front, the 75 foot pine tree, he climbed to the very top, & I mean the very top, we could see his head poking out, then my Dad climbed it because, well, if you knew Kody or my Dad, you'd understand why!
Bethany played a fiddle song for everyone & the clapping during & the applause afterwards were beyond her wildest dreams
I found this old picture of Angela and me to compare with the next one of us all grown up!

Kathryn & Catherine
3 comments:
Catherine, in that last picture, looks how I feel at the end of a camping trip - utterly exhausted. Aren't family reunions fun?
Pink belt over the overalls? Absolutely!
Shady Acres II was so fun to watch! I especially loved the "Bone Club." Yep, the kids gathered bones and tastefully (no pun intended) displayed them in a tee-pee shaped structure.
Love you all,
Mom
P.S. A favorite memory - Catherine telling us that she wanted her campfire "turned on."
I love all of these girl cousin pictures...I wish Haylie could have been there!! We definetely need to plan our own installment of a Nelson reunion. Next summer perhaps?
We better start planning now!
Love you!
Post a Comment