Exodus 16:15-35 "And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat. ...And the children of Israel gathered, some more some less. ...but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank. ...And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years."
I like to think of manna as the things that I need to do every day to be spiritually, physically and emotionally healthy. The things that I can't store up, can't catch up on if I get behind. The things that I must do every day. I've been looking ahead to our summer plans, thinking about our daily schedules, trying to figure out how to fit it all in, what I need to fit in & what I don't. Trying to figure out what is essential every day. Here's my list, my manna:
Pray ~morning, night, family, personal
Read ~The Book of Mormon everyday, children's books to my girls, something to expand my mind outside of my small house in this small town
Exercise ~jogging early in the morning, or just walking to the bus stop with the stroller
Listen ~to my daughters of course, and to my husband, sometimes we get busy with work and church and work and kids and suddenly I realize that we haven't talked in days, other than to relay messages to each other about plans, schedules, etc.
Work ~even when I don't have to go to work, I have learned that I have to do some laundry, some dishes, some cleaning, every day or it takes over my life, this is one that I need to work on...
Cook ~to save money & stay healthy, for me & my family, don't you just feel better when you do?
What's manna for you???
2 comments:
I think you listed them all. When you really get down to bare bone necessities that's about it. That and whoppers (the malted milk ball kind). Somehow I can do the whopper thing every day, but the others evade my attempts to make them habitual... any thoughts on why that is?
I wish I was already perfect at doing those things we have been taught to do every day. Read the scriptures, pray morning and night, have Family Home evening every week....We try our very best, and isn't that what counts?
I guess my manna right now is a lot more physical. Sleep. I can't seem to get enought of it and I know I would feel better if I did. My children are a bit older now and can bathe themselves and get ready for bed without a lot of prompting from me...I do not wake up to feed babies at night...but for some reason I feel like I am always about 1-2 hours behind in good rest.
Something elese I cannot do without on a daily basis...those sweet little personal prayers my kids say as they get ready to climb in to bed.
Post a Comment