Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Zzzzzzzz...

Gee, I hope she's comfortable.

6 comments:

Maryann said...

Looking at those Sleeping Beauties makes me want to go back to bed. They look so comfy! Well at least Catherine looks like she has made herself comfortable...at Gwen's expense.

Haylie came in last night when the rain started pounding against the windows...this is one of my favorite sounds, but Haylie hates it. So in she came. Usually the rule is no kids in the grown up's room ever...but how can you rationalize with a freaked out 7 year old at 3:00 in the morning...who wants to? So we struggled through the night last night (Haylie is a thrasher and twister when she sleeps). This mornign she declared: "I slept so well!" Jeff and I have bruises on our backs, arms and legs.

Enjoy your rest girls!!! I just hope that when Gwen woke up she ignored the fact that Catherine was using her as a body pillow.

Maursupial said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maursupial said...

This is a quintessential Emily photo. Seriously, if you ever decide to go pro I think you should do a series of pictures of your kids sleeping. Seriously good stuff. I remember waking one morning at your house with two girls and me on the futon and you in the doorway with your camera. Good times.

Emily said...

I do take a lot of pictures of my kids sleeping, don't I? Maybe it's because I'm jealous of that kind of total unconsciousness. Maybe it's because I think they're so cute with their mouths half open & drooling. :)

I woke up with a huge kink in my neck that morning. We try to have a rule about no kids in our room, but I am not a good rule inforcer at 3 AM and they know it. Sometimes they sneak in without even waking me up. Then they take over!

Andrea said...

I love sleeping babies, and it never ceases to amaze/amuse me the positions they can endure restfully. I must be precisely positioned, sheets undisturbed, blankets straight, or there is no rest for my weary eyes. I have a hard enough time sleeping with Ty (who prefers to make himself a "nest" in which to sprawl and curl and jerk), let alone any n'er-hold-still children. Thankfully none of them have ever asked to sleep with us yet. I DO need to take more pictures of them sleeping though - I'm just so afraid of disturbing their sleep, and I'd rather die than wake them before they're ready!

The Snow Queen said...

Uh, this might be a silly question... but where do you and Matt sleep? No wonder you can't seem to catch up to us! You must vacate the bed of all pre-exsisting children before the next one magically appears in your womb. I really need company in this 4 club. Come on. Please. Please. (Now I just sound like Dave when we are in our bed! :)