Thursday, July 3, 2008

Still trying to stay cool

We went out last night with the Youngs, our new favorite people in town and maybe in the world because they have a boat, and the next best thing to owning a boat is having friends that do. The little ones got to ride on the tube and banana and play on the beach and Matthew and I got to ski and jump off the cliff (which was A LOT higher when we got up there than it was from the boat.) I know that I'm totally bragging, but half the fun of jumping is the thrill and the other half is bragging a little about how high the cliff was (at least 25 feet)!

We got some sad news when we got home last night. My Great-Uncle Kerry passed away. He and my Aunt Donna lived in La Verkin. Mom, Dad, and anyone else coming down for the funeral, our casa is your casa.

6 comments:

Ma n Pa said...

Fun in the sun! I love the picture of your girls - and you and Matthew, too.

Andrea said...

No, having friends with a boat is THE best thing, because you don't have to pay taxes & registration for that boat, nor do you have to store it, haul it, or winterize it. It's the perfect solution to summertime boredom. I highly recommend everyone make friends with "boat people." Sorry about your uncle.

Jamie said...

I agree with Andrea... All the Fun and none of the hassle. Make 'em some bread EM! Keep the Love flowing.
I have to tell you that you are SO much braver than me. When I lived in Hawaii we went to Waiameia Bay to swim almost every week. Tuesdays and Thursdays I had Hula at 8am and no more classes so Beach days! Anyway... my eventual point being there was a huge cliff there that my friend would jump off of and my neices and nephews who live there jump off of but in 31/2 months I could never be persuaded. I am not brave But I am so totally cool that I spelled Waiameia & then looked it up to check the spelling and I WAS right! How many people can say that!!!????!!!!!

Emily said...

Jamie, you ARE so cool! & do you think Rachel will jump off of it when we take her there?


(kidding!)

Bethany said...

mom, I like that you decided to go boating with the Youngs.I love you!

Jamie said...

Rachel lets fear get to her. She would silently shake her head and say calmly "I don't think so"... I think you could persuade Carly although she'd be nervous, Jacob would jump before you told him he could. Samantha would cry, cover her face and run away as fast as she could or surprise the crap out of me and say "sure, if YOU think it's a good idea" (I can never really predict her) and Mason would say "sure, I'll go if you go"
I would stand by and say "oh, I'd love to jump really, but who would take the pictures!" and maybe, just maybe I'd jump but it's a longshot. I think I'm getting braver in my old age however.