Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

It was a little too cold to go far, but we managed to have a good time anyway. We tried to go to the town Easter egg hunt, but got there a whole 10 minutes late and it was over. The eggs were found, bagged and everyone was driving away as we pulled up to the park. Luckily we saw some friends who were late too, and invited them over for an impromptu Easter egg hunt at our house. Fun times. I am not a big fan of the Easter Bunny and I am also a slacker Mom, so my girls didn't get Easter baskets this year. I thought I had some baskets in the garage from last year to use for the hunt, but I couldn't find any. End result: my girls put their eggs in their Halloween jack o' lantern buckets. Hey, they're both Pagan holidays that kids collect more candy than is good for them, right? They didn't notice, or care about the difference. Then we colored eggs, ate candy and chips and salsa and thoroughly enjoyed the adult company. Well, I did.

Sunday was perfect; little girls in new dresses, uplifting sermons at church, ham, rolls and too much scalloped potatoes at Grandma & Papa's, and reading the account of the Resurrection in the evening.

Pictures later this afternoon...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm not a big easter bunny type girl either. I've heard of people doing a "spring bunny" a week before Easter, to try to separate the spiritual from the pagan, but I'm not on top of things enough to put that together...maybe next year. Somehow it all sneaked up on me this year, and I didn't even get the kids new spring dressy clothes for church. Oh well. They all ended up staying home from church with poor, sick Ty. It was fabulous for me to go by myself and actually get to LISTEN to a lesson or two - the best Easter yet. I say that be our new tradition. :) How fun for you to have in-laws nearby to share the day, new dresses to give you a reason to take fun photos, and friends to share an egg hunt. Sounds perfect.