Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring, spring, spring!

I realize the first week March doesn't mean spring for everyone. I'm truly sorry for those of you who still have snow on the ground. Really. I don't know how I could survive February without the handful of warm days we get here reminding me that spring is coming soon, no matter what the ground hog says. So, for those of you still shivering, here's a hint of things to come.

Today the sun is shinery, so the kids & I spent the morning outside playing & weeding. They played, I weeded. This is what's making me so happy today & making me want to sing show tunes:

Just planted these last week,& these are thriving from last year: & look at all the new leaves poking up from these dead-looking twigs:
I think the little leaves make me even happier than the flowers. I just love seeing things come back to life. A few of those are transplants from my mom's garden last fall, so I'm thrilled that they're growing. Oh, what a beautiful morning!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I share your excitement over new little buds and leaves and anything GREEN! I'm a little sad that we don't have a yard yet, so I have no little bulbs to watch sprout. I am sooo sick of winter I could just gag. It's nice to know someone out there is having sun-shinery weather - looks like you're quite the gardener, too. I wish I were - I kill everything I touch...good thing my parents forked-over the cash for all those botany and horticulture classes at Ricks. :/ Anyway since I have nothing green to look at I'll just get on your blog every day and feast my eyes on yours, so keep the pictures comin'!

Priceless Heritage said...

Emily- I found your blog and such cute kids! I too wish I could garden. Looks like your doing a great job! -Del

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are growing things! We are expecting 6 inched of snow over the next 24 hours with high's in the 20's. So I will have to wait for a bit longer for my garden to emerge. Looking at your flowers makes me want to sing songs from the Broadway Musical "The Secret Garden" Do you think anyone in my office would mind?

Emily said...

My gardening philosophy is to plant a lot, & what the 115 degree heat of summer & the random snows of winter, doesn't kill, I plant more of the next spring. That doesn't leave me a huge selection. So, before you get too impressed, I didn't take pictures of all my dead plants for you. It's fun though. If a thing is wick, it will grow!