I'm over that. Our experience Saturday at the studio was very mediocre. (Can something be very mediocre?) It wasn't bad, the girls were well behaved and they looked as cute as can be. The photographer was pleasant, but not engaging or enthusiastic like a photographer of children should be. I wanted to push her aside (nicely) and get behind the camera myself. Can't you zoom in a little more? I kept asking. Say cheese, she kept saying, capturing painful forced smiles from my girls. I butted in with, Hey girls, think of Cate blowing bubbles in the tub this morning! They erupted in a fit of giggles (she wasn't blowing bubbles with her mouth). TAKE IT NOW! I wanted to scream, but the camera girl just looked at me, waited until my girls calmed down and said, Say cheese. I sighed, let her finish the session and chose a few poses. As soon as we got home, I grabbed my camera, went outside with them and got these:
and this:
and decided that in my next life (the one that starts when all my kids are in school), I'm going to be a professional photographer. But not too professional to make kids laugh by talking about bodily functions.
& one more thing, since when am I the mom of kids, not babies?
9 comments:
So true. You need to be a professional, 'cause you have the eye for it. I love the pictures of the girls.
Wish you'd come take pictures of my girls - and boy. I hate, hate, hate prof. photos...so unnatural and un-them! I never get them. Last one was two years ago. Swore I'd never do it again. Even my horrible snapshots are better, and more life-like, than any professional ones I have. Maybe if I found a professional professional I would have a different song to sing, but I'm not forking over $500 for pictures! Ridiculous. Maybe that makes me a bad mom, but oh well. And YES, something CAN be very mediocre. :)
a mom after my own heart... I have so few professional photos... I got all the kids at 3 months. we have 2 professional family photos as a family, one when I was pregnant with Jake and one when Mason was about 1. I guess a 3rd if you count the one at David and Jena's wedding. Mark is just as hard to get to sit for the photographer as the kids. I love the candidness of snapshots. Yours really are great. Oh, I forgot, we did get some cute ones of Carly & Rachel when a friend gave us a gift cert for photos as target as a baptism gift for RAchel. Carly & Rachel got "sister pics" and they turned out cute.
p.s.
you were a sweet wife to take care of the kids while your dad took Matthew rapelling since I know you love it as much as/more? than he does.
Jamie,
It WAS nice of Em to stay home with the kids while Dad and I went rappelling. We had a ton of fun, and we wished Em could be there.
Did you see that the date was March 10 though? It would have been really sucky if I'd had to stay home on my birthday while Em went on the trip.
I didn't think I NEEDED to mention it was your birthday... this is EMILY'S blog. just kidding. and yes... that would have been terrible if you had had to stay home on your birthday.
and.... new subject... what is it about me... rabid curiosity. I'm always so curious about those "deleted posts" who was it and WHAT did they say!!!!!!!
Every once in a while someone, usually one of my in-laws, posts an inappropriate comment that I have to delete. Just kidding! I don't know who that was - maybe Matthew just goofed - since his comment was 2 minutes later. It means deleted by the author of the comment, not me.
I love these!!! Your pictures always turn out so good! It just makes me miss you so much when I see pictures of your girls! Tell them I love them and give them all a big hug from Aunt Maryann
Post a Comment