A few months after we moved here, my husband's parents suprised us by buying a home next door to us! Well, down the hill from us, withing walking distance even to my 3 year-old. This interesting development might have left less lucky daughter-in-laws than me shaking in their shoes & writing Dear Abby. But I have never been less than thrilled about the idea, and now the reality of my in-laws as neighbors. They are wonderful, down-to-earth, loving people. And even better grandparents. & my mother-in-law, well, she's the best. I have always felt comfortable around her and I think we have a lot in common. We're both immaculate housekeepers for example. & we're both married to a Lowe man, so it's nice to have someone who understands what I go through everyday. We even having matching shirts! (Because neither of us can resist anything on clearance.) She feeds my family when I have to work, she babysits my kids at a moment's notice, she gave me my birthday present on her birthday, and she never wrinkles her nose at my very lived in (read: messy) home. Oh, wait, I just said I was an immaculate housekeeper. Right.I love you Mom! Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
I'm not sure what you mean by,"...we're both married to a Lowe man, so it's nice to have someone who understands what I go through everyday."
I think you mean, "It's nice to have someone who understands how wonderful being married to a Lowe man can be." I'm just sure that is what you mean.
I can safely say that I have never had a matching shirt with my mother-in-law. You guys look great! I know that my two children and myself have spent Easter with the Lowes in California a few years ago. We were welcomed in as if we had been part of the family forever. I also don't know if anyone elses husband has had a long conversation with their wive's siser's Mother-in-law, but mine has! He also felt like one of the Lowes' after he hung up. You are certainly wonderful people and we love you!
Way to go Emily. You left out "snappy dresser"!
Post a Comment